Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Music and emotions

In the middle of the night the phone rings..its my brother's wife informing me that my dad was really sick and the ambulance took him to the hospital...I woke Hari up and quickly got dressed. It was foggy. It was cold. The CD playing the car was A R Rehman's first big success..ROJA. We were listening to "chinni chinni asha..chinnadani asha" as we drove through the fog to the hospital. We enter the ER and I see my mom, brother there with grief stricken pale faces...I go in, and see my dad lying totally motionless on the gurney with all kinds of tubes inserted in him. The cold , isolated, loneliness of death hit me like a ton of bricks. My dad, my best friend, my confidant, was no more...The shock and disbelief of that moment still haunts me. Whenever I hear "chinni chinni asha"...the whole scene replays in front of my eyes...Music and memory. Music and emotion. Music and events...

No comments:

Post a Comment